Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving roof ridge

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
16769 Views, 4 Replies

moving roof ridge

i see that revit automatically places the roof ridge in the middle of a roof after defining the slope angle.
if i want to determine/move the position of the ridge how do i go about that.
thx for comments
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbaze
in reply to: Anonymous

Adjust the slopes to not be the same. Or use slope arrows if things start to get too complicated.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

how do i adjust the slopes?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Change the slope values on each separate edge of the sketch lines while editing the roof. When editing the roof sketch select one of the sketch lines with a slope, observe the slope symbol and the value next to the slope symbol and then change that value to a different slope.

This may result in different eave heights or other changes to your current roof sketch.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past
Message 5 of 5
sbrown

Note that you can place the ridge exactly where you want it. Start with a flat roof, then highlight the roof, then in the options bar you will see various buttons, on lets you place points on the roof, the one that looks like a line lets you draw a ridge line. then you pick the tool that looks like a dot with up and down arrows to specify the height above the base level you want the ridge at.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report