I have this curved stairway (jpeg attached) that I would like to model and add to a project in revit (including the railing to the left of the elevation).
I'm completely fresh to modeling in revit - is this something that can be modeled free form or is the process of creating various families required? Any recommended tutorials on this area would be great.
Thanks for your help
- Draw the plan view of the stair with detail lines, exactly as in your sketch.
- Start the stair tool (by sketch), duplicate type, set up type properties, etc.
- Set up the instance properties of the stair ( from level, to level, etc.)
- Use the Boundary tool > pick lines, and select the two lines that represent the stringers / edges of the stair.
- Use the Riser tool > pick lines, and select all the detail lines that represent the risers,one by one.
- Finish sketch.
- If necessary, use the flip control of the stairs to correct the up/down direction.