I just had an employee come in a describe a problem with some generic masses we use for planning layouts. Initially, the stretching works, then just stops. It only works if you manually key in the distance or you can still align the edges to other objects. But the free-form dragging no longer works. Our user discovered that restarting Revit will cause the stretching to work again for a while. However, today, the stretching doesn't work at all unless you place a new object. Existing objects are kaput.
This has nothing to do with Parameter limits, origins, references planes or weak/strong edges. It really has all the appearances as a bug or a memory overflow-type issue. Has anyone figured out a fix to this?
Please respond to the following:
1. Can you re-create the issue?
2. Are all users effected in this project?
3. Are all projects effected?
4. Are you on the latest build of Revit 2012?
5. How big are the files?
6. Restarting is always a good idea and recommended practice, but will relinquish all mine or a save to central also clear up the issue?
Thanks for posting.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been out with the flu. I checked with the employee who made the ticket and this is what she had to say:
- Can you re-create the issue?
I’ve had it several times, on several projects. I don’t know how, or else I wouldn’t do it
- Are all users effected in this project?
This is hard to answer because our BIM Manager, who would have been responsible for troubleshooting and fixing the issue recently left. He would have known whether other users experienced problems. I've contacted him but have not heard back.
- Are all projects effected?
Same answer as 2
- Are you on the latest build of Revit 2012?
I believe we are. the build on this employee's computer (and mine too) is 20120126_0600(x64) Update Release 2
- How big are the files?
This particular model is 42,352 kb but this is on the small size for us.
- Restarting is always a good idea and recommended practice, but will relinquish all mine or a save to central also clear up the issue?
Saving has never fixed the problem long term. Up until this point closing out of REVIT would solve the issue. But this time it did not. Even restarting the computer did not resolve the issue. In this case, the instances that were already in the project before it be an issue worked fine (were stretchable) but any instances ADDED to the project would not work correctly. They were the same family, same type. No changes were made to the family.