Saving to a new file does not change this problem. I've tried cleaning up the survey file, moving the file to another location, changing from relative to absolute path. Revit shouldn't even be finding this file any more. Isn't linking similar to x-refing in AutoCAD?
Any ideas on how to get this dwg out of my Revit file?
The problem must be in the Revit file. When I try to reload the linked file or "Reload From.." I got the error too.
Something got corrupted in the Revit file. Something that even the "Audit" command couldn't uncover.
First I get "Revit couldn't find the DWG file. Will display last known" and then I get the "Revit had a serious error" message.
If anyone can take a look at this and suggest a solution that would be great. I had to go to a previous days backup and import the changes I had made to get around this. Nothing horrible but it did waste a couple hours.
I'm a little worried about this problem since "Audit" didn't catch any errors. In fact I'm not even sure Revit was able to audit the file.
I know this is an old Post, but just in case, like me, you have this problem & end up here looking for a solution. This is the solution that worked for me. Go to the Manage Tab, then go to Locations. Pick one of the locations listed & make it current. this allowed me to detach the Cad link & re-attach it.
Hope this helps someone.