Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting Shadows

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jmayfield.arch
3407 Views, 6 Replies

Casting Shadows

I have a main file in which I created topography.  I have then modeled 3 different building types and linked them into the original file.  When I cast shadows, the linked models do not cast any shadows.  Ground plane is cleared so the topography acts as the ground plane.  The models individually cast shadows within each of their files just not in the master file. 

Any ideas how to get the Linked Models to cast shadows?

Thanks for any assistance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cleffyboy
in reply to: jmayfield.arch

Hi there

I have done exactly the same thing as you with the same results, no shadows. Did you ever solve it?

Cheers

Message 3 of 7

I do have an answer, just not a resolution.  It is apparently a glitch in the program.  Autodesk has stated they are aware but couldn't determine at what point it would be fixed. 

Their temporary solution is to abandon linking and work in one primary file because the linking of files is the problem.  We lose a lot of flexibility this way.

Hopefully it's solved soon if not already!

Message 4 of 7
ryan.duell

This issue has been verified, and it is currently planned to be resolved with the next Revit 2011 update.  While there is no release date available at this time, and this is subject to change at any point, this is the current intent from the development team.  Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Best regards,

This issue has been verified, and it is currently planned to be resolved with the next Revit 2011 update.  While there is no release date available at this time, and this is subject to change at any point, this is the current intent from the development team.  Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: ryan.duell

Update 2, which should resolve this behavior, can be downloaded from the link below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14973244

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 6 of 7
derrickmoore
in reply to: ryan.duell

Update 2 did fix the problem

Message 7 of 7
cleffyboy

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report