Does anyone else using BDSU having issues with it being at least half as slow as 2012? I can't almost do anything without my computer locking up for 30-90 seconds while it maxes out a single core to 100%. It's very disapointing to have to wait that long to align a wall or edit a family.
Also, the material editor does not display correctly. I have custome materials imported from 2012 and I have no material options to put cost, manufacturer, etc. Also, the paterns are numbers instead of images to pick from. See the attached image.
First Autodesk release the offical release just to find out it's still the Beta. Then we get the updated version and has these issues. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this slow down. I've installed it on 3 different computers, all with the same issues.
Any idea if a hotfix is coming out soon? I'm about to abandon 2013 and stick with 2012 which I hate to do but I can't afford to be half as productive as I was for the sake of using the latest software.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Forgot to add my hardware for the 3 computers I have it installed on.
Hardware: Dell Precision T3500 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel Xeon 3.20GHz, 12 GB RAM, (2) Nvidia Quadro 2000 1GB RAM each.
Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration? Don't know that this is the issue, but when 2012 was released, I noticed it was significantly slower than previous versions and by going to the options>graphics> and unchecking use hardware acceleration solved the problem.
I wish it was that simple. The first thing I did after it was installed was check the graphics driver and settings. Got everything updated to its workable version and it was still the same issue. It's as if Revit is not utilizing multi-core. Everything I do in Revit (even changing tabs in the Ribbon) only uses one core of the processor while the other 3 stay idle. I can't figure it out.
I am also having the patterns display as numbers in the Material Editor. Is this a display issue or am I missing a setting with the new interface?
I also see you have the same "GraphicsSchema_localtype:Graphics Properties" label above the pattern area.
Makes me wonder if it isn't some issue with the file that is drawing this dialog box. I know my installation files are good, becuase I checked this out on two other machines running the same install base files.
Makes me wonder if there is something about the .ddl or .xml file drawing this dialog box.. I really don't want to re-install my entire system, but I may have to get this to work properly, unless someone else has a better idea.
I have unistalled and reinstalled Revit 3 times with no better results than the previous installs. I just found out that their is an update that will be released in the new few weeks that will "fix" this issue. We will have to see.
Found what worked for me, after pulling out what little hair I have left.
Did a complete uninstall of Revit following this procedure from Autodesk:
Only problem is I am on Building Design Suite, so had to do some reasoning out the registry editing. Got lucky I guess.
After re-installing, I had no rendering library. I had to do some digging in the installer package, but I found the installation routine for the Materials Library at:
Now the plain vanilla Revit installers should be in a similar location.
I don't know if just removing and re-installing the Material Library itself would fix the pattern display issue or not.
Hope this helps someone.
I'm sorry I made the transistion to 2013. The slowness and random crashing issues we've encountered are frustrating especially since the crashes do not create a recovery file. No i feel I have to save every 5-10 minutes to avoid losing work.
This solved the material editor issue with the patterns, general info and other things. It didn't fix how slow Revit runs but one less item to worry about.