The Autodesk PLM 360 Product Support Team has worked to answer the questions that our new customers are asking most and have been posting them on the forum. Below you will find categories that relate to certain PLM 360 subjects. Click on the specific frequently asked question and you will go to the corresponding forum post with the answer. Remember to check back frequently for the latest questions posted to the PLM 360 FAQ.
You can also use the PLM 360 WikiHelp to find answers to your questions.
- What is Redlining?
- How can I import a Build of Materials into my PLM 360 Items and BOMs workspace?
- Where can I find more information about importing a BOM into PLM 360? New
- Can you create categories to put your own workspaces in?
- I created a category and put my new workspace under it, why is my category not showing in the Main M...
- Is the content from Email Notifications editable?
- Working in a task and the due date is changed, do you get a notification?
- How can you move files to the Attachments Tab in a workspace record?
- What is a Derived Field?
- How do you ensure that there is a default entry if no information is entered into a specific field?
- If you did not make a field display long enough can you go back and edit it?
- When creating a Google maps Computed Field, can you use a picklist to define a value in one of the f...
- Where can I get additional information about computed fields?
- If you are in Edit Import and click Save, can you click cancel and then revisit the Import at a late...
- When importing an Excel worksheet for Items and Boms, should I use “Match On”?
- Do I need to create a new import project if I change the spreadsheet that I previously imported?
- When you Import from an Excel spreadsheet can you Import from multiple tabs?
- Can we add different icons for the Menu Category?
- Why can’t I see the workspace I just created in the Main Menu?
- Can I reorganize the categories and order that the workspaces are listed in the Main Menu?
- Can you set the time on a milestone to within the hour?
- When working in a milestone, what do the different colors represent?
- After you create an admin account can you delete the sysadmin account?
- When you create a new workspace and configure Users, Roles and Permissions can you just refresh the ...
- What happens if you lose you admin password?
- Can you delete a user from the tenant?
- Can new permissions be added or created?
- Can we remove the system log or change logs from end user view?
- How can I make a report I’ve created available only to select users and Groups?
- When I create a new user in PLM 360 does it matter what email address I enter? New
- Does edit lock the record or is it possible for multiple people to work on same record?
- When you see blue underlined text in a record what does that mean?
- What is the “Owner and Change Summary”?
- Is there a recording of all the changes that have been made in the record?
- When filling out a field in a record, what does a red asterisk mean?
- Is it possible to add an attachment to a closed item?
- Why does the record show rev w?
- When creating a record, what is the difference between "Save" and "Save and Clone"?
- Are state changes (dealing with the workflow) displayed in the change log?
- How can you have quick access to a specific record that is used regularly without drilling into the ...
- Is there a way to deny the use of scripts for a specific workspace, i.e. for audited workspaces that...
- How can I tell if a script I’m running is producing errors?
- What resources are available to use for scripting in PLM 360?
- Are the total number of Tabs in a workspace available to configure fixed?
- Can you create tabs with the same name in different workspaces?
- Is there a way to control what a user can see on certain fields in a tab?
- How often is PLM 360 updated?
- Can you see what build is being run in the front end of PLM 360?
- If I do not take the PLM 360 tour when I log into PLM 360 can I reference it at a later date?
- How do you know what changes there are when PLM 360 backend version is updated?
- Is everyone getting the same prebuilt content in the tenant?
- Can you have a different date format than the one provided in your tenant?
- Is there a storage limit to how much data you can generate and keep on the service?
- Are there a lot of people using iPads with PLM 360?
- Can a customer have multiple tenants and synchronize data between them?
- Can you set the PLM 360 Tenant home to a default view?
- If I have multiple tenants, do I have to pay multiple licenses?
- Why can’t you see the Administration Menu in your Tenant?
- Is there a log you can access to see administrative changes that have been made to a workspace?
- Now that I’m using my Autodesk ID to log into PLM 360, what is the session expiration time before yo...
- What is the best way to get Technical Support for PLM 360? New
- What are the numbers in the Workflow States?
- Can you create a workflow that does not need approval from all users in the tenant?
- Is it possible to lock only some objects of a section through a workflow?
- Can workflow permission be used across multiple workspaces?
- Is workflow permission applied only to the workspace in which the work flow editor is pointing to?
- How can I better manage the frequency of Workflow Email Alerts?
- Do you have an existing workflow that you would like to reuse in a new workspace? How can you save ...
- Is there a difference between a workspace and an app.?
- If you clone a workspace does it clone the workflow and permissions?
- Do you want to Clone or Edit a workspace?
- If you rename a workspace does it keep the original name of the workspace ID?
- Is there limit to the number of workspaces?
- How do you change the order of the tabs that are present in a workspace record?