cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left hand search filters to include "OR" joins

Left hand search filters to include "OR" joins

When I customize my Projects or Tasks list view pane, I'm able to select filter criteria.  However, I cannot use an "or" join- only "and".  Could that feature be added in the future?  As in the below screenshot, I want to show Projects / Tasks for which I am either the Owner OR Team member- I do not fall into both categories for all Projects / Tasks.

Filters_OR_AND.png

Another good feature would be to create more advanced grouping- such as combining two sets of "or" statements and joining them with an "and" statement.  For Example, to be able to filter on:

WHERE

Owner Contains (my name) AND

DueDate is in the next 30 days

OR

Team Contains (my name)

That would provide me visibility into projects I'm a member of and those which I am responisible for in the next 30 days.

7 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

cruzj
Contributor

Our team has a similar request for general searching. When selecting from a list, the user can enter an exact string of the desired text and the system will narrow down on this text if it appears anywhere in the item or its descriptors. Conventional search operators do not work for more advanced searches.

Some sample conventions that might help in narrowing down lists to select from.

Operator or Convention Purpose

- exclude by term; narrows the search
NOT 
, include either term; broadens the search
OR 
 NEAR find keywords within 10 words of each other
> greater than
< less than
>= greater than or equal to
<= less than or equal to
= equal to
$ * truncate, cut off
“ ” search for exact phrase"

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

nthomble
Community Visitor

Has there been a soultion provided for this idea?  I would like to be able to create a dashboard using the filter of "OR" instad of "AND".

Thanks

gasevsm
Alumni

Greeetings.

We are actigvely ealuating this request. You will hear about further development about it in future. Thanks for bumping this request and keeping the focus on the stuff important to you.Regards,

jeremy_lambert
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi all, this wish has been implemented in the 'Modern' based experience. Thanks for posting!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report