Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks ActiveX control in IIS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1656 Views, 5 Replies

Navisworks ActiveX control in IIS

Hi 

this is with ActiveX control for Navisworks in web

my project is ready in local host but in intranet dont view model. Help please

MY PROJECT, LOCALLY CAN NOT DISPLAY PROBLEM, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THEWEB SERVER IIS ROUTE, AND LETS NOT VIEW THE MODEL.

it would have to configure any port on the ISS or something with the firewall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Before 2012, we provided
1.1 Lite control
1.2 Full control
1.3 Dynamic control

From 2012, we provided:
2.1 Redistributable control
2.2 Integrated control

No matter any controls, it requires the client machine has installed them.

For 1.3 and 2.2, this requires the client machine has installed Navisworks (Simulate/Manage). These two controls are built-in control. They are installed when the products are installed.

For 1.1, you need to put the nw_ax_lite.cab on your server and make sure your HTML can ask user to run the CAB to install Lite control.
For 1.2, you need to put the NavisworksFullActiveXSetup.exe  on your server and make sure your HTML can ask user to run the exe to install Full control.
For 2.1 you need to put the Navisworks ActiveX Redistributable Setup.exe on your server and make sure your HTML can ask user to run the exe to install Redistributable control.

These CAB or EXE can be found in <Simulate/Manage>\api\COM\bin

No matter any controls, you need to make sure you specify the correct GUID of the corresponding control.
The GUID can be found in registry with the key words, e.g. “Navisworks Lite”

One more thing, you need to specify the MIME type for Navisworks document. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Xiaodong Liang

Developer Technical Services

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I've modified the example ACTX_01 and replaced the model with one of my own. It's a 2011 nwd file, and the example web page is from the 2012 installation.

Just opening the web page as it is will cause the plugin to look for a license, but following the instructions from here, I changed the GUID in the HTML code and the nwd will display in the web page without a license. However, all the links disappeared from the model. How can I fix this?

Also, when searching the registry, several GUIDs can be found, what's the difference between them all?

Btw, where exactly do I specify the MIME-type as described above?

Thanks..

Message 4 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

1) URL (hyperlink), please try with state.URLsEnabled  = true.

2) guids: 

each type of control has unique id. e.g.

lite control

full control

dynamic controk

integrated control SDI

integrated control MDI

redistributable control SDI

redistributable control MDI

in different releases, the guids of same type of control are different.

3) MEMI type, I attached a screeshot in the last post. Please check it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hi,

1) Where do I put that line? In the original HTML-code, in the VB-script section, it says:

public sub btnLinkOn_Clicked()

NWControl01.state.URLsEnabled = TRUE

end sub

public sub btnLinkOff_Clicked()

NWControl01.state.URLsEnabled = FALSE

end sub

Changing the last section to "TRUE" doesn't do anything. Besides, when using the original/license GUID, the links show up, but when changing to the redistributable GUID they disappear.

2)

What's the difference between "Navisworks Redistributable Control 9 MDI" and "... SDI"?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

1) URLsEnabled should work for Redistributable control. However we do have such problem logged for Full control (before 2012, this control is similar to Redistributable control). Sorry for this.

2) SDI means in one application, you can use only one control. while MDI means you can use multi. In the past, the ActiveX control based application supports only one control.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report