Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapAgent running, but MapGuide Server not found?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cschneider
5500 Views, 3 Replies

MapAgent running, but MapGuide Server not found?

Hello, this is the result of checking the mapagent on a 6.5 installation of MapGuide. The host OS is XP SP2, not sure if SP2 is related to this, but never tried installing on that before.

Autodesk MapGuide Server
MapGuide Agent
[14/Oct/2004:07:07:48 -0700] The Autodesk MapGuide ISAPI MapAgent (version 6.5.5.7) is running and ready to distribute your requests to 1 MapGuide Server(s).

If you need more assistance, please contact the Autodesk MapGuide Server Administrator at [clipped]

MapGuide Server #1 [Local]
[14/Oct/2004:07:07:48 -0700] Autodesk MapGuide Server could not be found. If you need more assistance, please contact your Autodesk MapGuide Server Administrator.

I found one article in the Knowledge Base but it applied to version 5. I've compared many of the configurations against another working installation and it looks the same. Any ideas about what the problem is?

Thanks.
Caine
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cschneider
in reply to: cschneider

After reviewing the MapGuide installation docs, I decided this might have something to do with DCOM permissions. I was on the right path, anyway, XP SP2 does change some default DCOM permissions, and for anonymous users, some change will probably have to be made to get it to work. Beyond the scope of what I was looking to do. On the mapagent virtual directory, I unchecked the anonymous access and set Integrated Authenitcation only. This fixed the problem since I am running a local-only installation. Hope someone will find this tidbit useful when using XP SP2.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

it looks like you can keep the anonymous permissions on the virtual directory that points to the mapagents folder by modifying the dcom config for the autodesk mapguide server application using the component services mmc snap-in under:

Component Services > My Computer > DCOM Config > Autodesk Mapguide Server

in the properties page for "autodesk mapguide server", find the "security" tab, and under "launch and activation permissions" select customize and the "edit". add the "everyone" group to the list and grant local launch and local activation. the apply the changes and the mapagent should be able to see the map server.

those who fully understand the security implications of what i just described may shudder in horror, but all i know is it got my mapguide server 6.5 running normally again after i installed xp sp2. if someone has a more secure way of accomplishing the same thing, please post.
Message was edited by: mdesksmartin
Message 4 of 4
RamRamalingam

As part of my upgrade I saw an interesting problem with Windows XP SP2 and installing MapGuide 6.5. Whenever I tried to fetch data I got an HTTP 500 error.

The issue was with security permissions. So from Component Services do the following

1) Find Autodesk MapGuide Server under DCOM config and right click for properties.

2) Change Launch and Activation Permissions to Customize and edit.

3) Add you IUSR to the list of users that do local activation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report