Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: failed to create new route

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wade
616 Views, 2 Replies

error: failed to create new route

I cannot create a new piping route in Inventor Routed systems (inventor pro). I am taking the following steps:

(1) I start a new assembly file and save it. Then (2) I select the "Create New Pipe Run" command. Then (3) I click the OK button to accept the default values for the run file name and path. (It activates the run for me.) Then (4) I click the "New Route" button...it gives me the attached error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Dave Grayling
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ruth-chunhua.hu
in reply to: wade

Hi Dave,

Could you please let me know which Inventor version do you use? Do you use the special part file instead of the standard part template under Inventor Installation path? Because New Route is dependent on one part file. If so, could you please try to new route again using the standard part template ?

Let me know any problem.

Thanks,
Ruth Hu(Autodesk)
Message 3 of 3
wade
in reply to: wade

Hi Ruth,

I have solved the problem. I am using inventor pro 2009. The standard.ipt was still a 2008 version (I have my templates in a non standard folder, with custom properties added). I replaced the old part template with the new one, and everything works fine.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report