I am using 2013 Inventor.
* My company uses the .dwg file extension instead of .idw (if that makes a difference).
When I make a new .dwg file and insert an .ipt file for my first base drawing . . .
- The material field of the .dwg Title Block is populated.
- This is something I would like to avoid.
When I open iProps in the .ipt drawing and go to the Physical/Material Tab . . .
- I don’t seem to have the option to display a blank (no information) in the material field in the Title Block.
- The closest I can come to this is to choose Generic, which looks kind of odd.
My company chooses to give all material specs in a note displayed on the drawing.
- In case of a material change at some point, I do NOT want to have to change the note on the drawing AS WELL AS the Material information in the .ipt iProps.
- The reason is that, sooner or later, I’ll forget to change both (which will lead to confusion) and possibility lead to making junk parts (made of the wrong material) which will then have to be thrown away (at perhaps a major loss).
Who can help me with this?
Thanking you in advance, I am,
I think you'll want to edit the title-block definition and change the material field so that it doesn't look at the model iProperties. You can set it to use a prompted entry (manual input) or set it to look at the drawing's iProperty set.
Also, you can set your standard notes to read in the model's material iProperty, so that you don't need to change it manually in the drawing, if that helps.
I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.