Sorry, there was a typo:
I understand this is for Inventor 2011. But I am using Inventor 2012 and in the registry the file named "Part" does not exist. Thus there is no registry key labeled "UseExcelToReadThreadFile" for me to edit. If all the registry files for Inventor 2012 should be the same as Inventor 2011 then I am missing about 10 of them.
I may have to reinstall it then. Not sure what happened during the install. I have to wait for the admin to come back from vacation before I can perform an uninstall/reinstall. It seems that the fix is changing the registry value. I will update on teh outcome when I am able to reinstall it.
If you are reasonably comfortable editing the registry you could try the following:
1. add (RMB and select New) a key called "Part" under "Preferences"
2. add (New) a DWORD (32 bit) called "UseExcelToReadThreadFile" with a decimal value of 1.
I have it in the same localtion in XP Pro for 2012 under CURRENT_USER
By chance are you looking in LOCAL_MACHINE instead?
Dennis Jeffrey, Author and Manufacturing Trainer, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert
Autodesk Silver Manufacturing Partner
Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....
XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 188.8.131.5261, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
I went through every File in the registry and it wasn't in any of them. Pretty sure Inventor did not download correctly. I added the registry key for the threads option and I am able to use the thread option now. We'll see how far that gets me since I am missing a bunch of other registry files. Ill likely have to do a reinstall to get them all.
If it's the first run of Inventor with current user account, the full registry (HKCU\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion16
Using the regedit did work for me, however, I could not have Inventor open while I edited the registry. As soon as I closed it, it went back to value of 0. So I closed Inventor, edited value to 1, reopened Inventor... and success.
Thanks for the help!