Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Part Has No Flat Pattern Button?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jeanchile
1614 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal Part Has No Flat Pattern Button?

Hello all,

First let me apologize for my sheet metal ignorance. It is not a feature I use often in IV. Now on to my issue...

I have a sheet metal part that is not showing a flat pattern button in the ribbon (two parts actually). Please see the picture attached. The workflow for this part is as follows:

1.) Create a master/skeleton sketch of my floor plate layouts for a platform I am currently doing

2.) Derive that sketch into each floor plate part

3.) Extrude the layout sketch

4.) Convert the standard ipart to a sheet metal part

5.) Set my sheet metal rule to match the thickness

6.) Add a flange to represent a stair nosing

7.) Look to my Ribbon to create a flat pattern and....

As a test, I created a new standard ipart (no derived sketch) and converted it to a sheet metal part, added a flange, and still no flat pattern button.

This can't possibly be by design, so what am I missing?

Inventor Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

Okay, so I have done some checking and no matter what, my Flat Pattern button on my ribbon is GONE!

Whether I use my templates, the ones supplied by AD, whether I start with a sheet metal template, or convert one I just don't have the option to create a flat pattern anymore.

Where did it go? What can I do to get it back? I actually kind of need this functionality right now Smiley Frustrated.

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

Ha Ha! I got it back. Sorry for the confusion. My program randomly reverts back to the "classic" interface when I restart my computer (see this) and I'm guessing somehow it de-selected the Flat Pattern panel on the Ribbon. I turned it back on and now everything is right with the world.

Kinda' feel stupid I didn't check that first but whatever, why would it just disappear? It's not my fault!Smiley Tongue

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report