Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWEEP PROFILE AROUND CIRCULAR FACE

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BLHDrafting
1408 Views, 2 Replies

SWEEP PROFILE AROUND CIRCULAR FACE

Following a blog post by Craig Bshor (http://mfgin3d.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/sweeping-around.html) but I'm having some trouble keeping the swept/cut profile parallel with the outer surface of the part.

See the below screen capture. What I'm after is like what I have drawn in the lower circle. I have tried using the parallel function of the sweep but it complains with something like "you can''t have a closed profile path" so that is whay I have an open profile, but still it does not work. Looking for any input to acheive the cut parallel path required.

Part also attached with EOP rolled up.Capture.JPG

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Sweep with Guide Surface and select the cylinder as the surface.

Also, in Sketch3 I would use equal (=) constraints rather than repeating dimensions,

and I would never ever use zero (0) dimensions, use Coincident constraint instead.

Sweep.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD. Works a treat.

mental note to self - dig deeper before posting.

Re the dimensions in Sketch 3, yep I'll try more EQUAL. The zero dim (should have been deleted) was a left over from an attempt to offset the path relative to the sweep cut profile to see the effect it would have on the sweep.

Thanks again.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report