Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reordering Tube & Pipe CC parts, how?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
-niels-
540 Views, 2 Replies

Reordering Tube & Pipe CC parts, how?

I believe i've read a topic on this quite a while back, but i can't find it anymore...

I am trying to reorder the parts in an assembly with tube & pipe fittings, i want to put them in folders.

The problem is that i can't drag & drop the fittings, i can add them to folders when all the parts are together but i can't move those folders around after that either.

The fittings get this special T&P content icon, other CC parts (with the "book" icon) can move around like i want.

Is there a way to make the T&P fittings act like normal CC parts, so i can reorder them?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: -niels-

Are you actually using the tube & pipe module to place them?  If so, then no, you are out of luck.

If you are simply placing them from the content center in a standard assembly, then yes.  The way I get around this is, after I place a pipe component (it comes in with the pipe tee icon), I then do a copy / paste to place another instance.  This one comes in with the standard content icon (the blue book).  Then I delete the first one with the pipe tee icon and continue on my way.

Message 3 of 3
-niels-
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes i did place them all with tube & pipe. Smiley Sad

I did find a similar workaround by disabling the T&P addin and then reinserting the fittings, but your way does seem easier to do.

I had to reconnect all those fittings in the higher assembly, but at least i can now reorder them properly.

It would be nice if you could just reorder those fittings regardless of how they were inserted.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report