I am using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 and I have been having a problem with the marking menu deselecting the textbox after it fades out. Let me elaborate:
1. I am in a 2D sketch environment and have drawn a line or some type of sketch element.
2. I then right-click and drag to the general dimension command and release so that the command flashes showing that I have selected the command.
3. I then quickly select the line and click in the empty space to place the dimension while the general dimension command from the marking menu is fading away but hasn't quite disappeared yet.
4. Because I have the "Edit dimension when created" command selected in the applications menu, the textbox that controls the dimension immediately pops up and the value inside the textbox is highlighted so that I can type in a formula or dimension.
5. The general dimension command from the marking menu has not completely disappeared yet and I start typing a new value for the dimension.
6. The general dimension command from the marking menu finally disappears while I am typing the new dimension and the textbox becomes inactive and view behind it becomes active. Now, whatever I type onto the keyboard is sent as a command to Inventor rather than as text to the textbox. It is the same as creating a dimension and then activating the view behind the textbox. This is a problem because it stops perceiving my keyboard inputs as text and starts to view them as command inputs.
This is not limited to the general dimension command. This also happens in any environment where I must enter text after selecting a command.
Is there a way to disable the fading of the marking menu after one has right-click dragged to a command? Or is there a way to prevent the textbox from switching activity after the command finishes its fade out animation?