Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operating system Inventor 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cmoran_insttech
4291 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operating system Inventor 2011

We keep receiving this message and can not run the Inventor software, how can I fix this message:

Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operating system and the following programs (Inventor, Inventor) are running and may prevent registration from successfully completing. Autodesk recommends termination the offending processes to ensure proper registration. Terminate these processes before continuing with the registration?

Running OS  Windows 7 64bit

AudoDesk Inventor 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I usually have that problem after I've run a different version of Inventor (for example, I primarily use 2010, but occasionally have to use 2011), and I have to initially run the "different" version as administrator for it to register and work correctly.  Then, when I go back to the "previous" version that I was using, I have to do it again (after registering a "different" version, the "previous" version becomes the "different" version).

You can try right clicking your desktop/start menu shortcut, and selecting "Run As Administrator".  That usually fixes it for me. 

Message 3 of 3
DVDM
in reply to: cmoran_insttech

What might also be the case, is that there's already an Inventor.exe thread running, doing nothing, just idling, and you don't see anything in your task bar.

Go to your task manager (ctrl+shift+esc), and in the Processes tab find Inventor.exe, and terminate the process.

Now launch Inventor again. As mentioned before you might have to run it as administrator.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report