I'm experiencing an annoying glitch with using the 'replace model reference' process in Inventor Professional 2011, in conjunction with Producstream Proffessional Pro 2011, hopefully you can help:
Generally, the process works fine, as follows:
- in an .idw hit 'replace model reference'
- pick the part to change from the table in the pop up box
- hit the 'select new model' button
- a pop up productstream window opens - locate and double click the replacement part
- confirm the replacement in a pop up box
- an 'x' appears next to the replaced part in the 'replace model reference' table - hit ok and it's done
Sometimes, after choosing the replacement part in producstream, the 'x' does not appear in the table, and on hitting ok nothing has changed - the old part is still there.
I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but it appears that when the file path of the part in question is in lowercase (eg .ipt), the process works, but when the file path is in uppercase (eg .IPT) it doesn't - this seems like a strange thing to have an effect, but it's the only difference I can see - could it be related to how producstream handles the files?
Thanks in advance for any help.