Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 loading SLOW when attached to network

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
MarkMazour
1663 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor 2012 loading SLOW when attached to network

We have 13 machines that are identical hardware and software; Windows 7 and the Autodesk Product Design Suite 2012 as well as the Vault 2012 Client.  Two of these machines are exhibiting the following behavior:

1. Connected to our LAN with access to the internet not loading Vault on startup Inventor loads in 68 seconds.
  2. Disconnected from our LAN with no access to the internet not loading Vault on startup Inventor loads in <10 seconds.

I have tested this with our AV turned on and off with no changes in the above noted behavior. These two machines loaded Inventor 2011 in repsectable times ~<30 seconds.

Now this tells me that when Inventor is loading it is trying to go somewhere when there is a network connection. But where and what can I do to make it stop?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
MarkMazour
in reply to: MarkMazour

IE9 seems to have something to do with it. Under Internet Options on the Advanced Tab I Reset the Internet Explorer Settings and Restored the Advanced Settings, closed and restarted IE9 and then opened Inventor 2012 in <15 seconds.

Message 3 of 14
Olaf.Górski

Hello Mark Mazour,

Please consider the configuration of the proxy settings as a possible cause of the issue. For more details please refer to the WikiHelp http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/2012/Help/03._Installation_and_Configuration/Vault_2011_Advan...

Regards, Olaf

Olaf Górski
Message 4 of 14
MarkMazour
in reply to: Olaf.Górski
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Hi, I'm currently using Inventor 2016, and still have the issue. When I'am using Inventor with the Lan cable connected, the program goes slow, but when I disconnect the LAN cable from the computer, Inventor goes very quickly. It opens in two seconds. Faster. I have 15 licenses, and It happens in the computers with no internet connection (3). The others (12) computers with no internet, have this issue.

Regards,

Carlos Buitrago

Message 6 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 15 licenses, and It happens in the computers with no internet connection (3). The others (12) computers with no internet, have this issue.

I'm confused..  Smiley Very Happy  It sounds like all your computers have no internet connection..
A couple of things..
1.  On the machines that are having the issue, close Inventor and double click on a part or assembly in Windows Explorer.  Does it open at the same rate as the others?  If so, disable the Welcome/Home screen in your application options under the general tab.
2.  Is your computer connect by the network through a voice over IP phone (VoIP) connection, mean the computer is connected to a phone and the phone is connected to the network?  If so plug your computer directly into a network port and not through the phone.
Good luck and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 14
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cabuitrago,

Another thing to check is the Communication Center  (look in the top right corner for a icon that looks like a satellite dish).

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-2444E4D1-4AC8-4A4C-9D07-64637C4B8431

I think I recall this causing similar issue for some people in the past, and there was a way to disconnect it (maybe?).

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Sorry,  (3) with internet connection. It works fine

(12) without internet connection, have the issue.

1. Ans/.  Once the Inventor is opened, the files open quickly from the brower or when double click on a file.

2. Ans/.  The 3 computers with internet, are connected to a wifi network for the internet and to a LAn cable for a server with Autodesk Vault.

Message 9 of 14
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

But when Inventor is not running and you double click on a ipt in Windows Explorer, do the non-internet access computers load like the other 3?  If so that's an indication the home screen is causing the delay since its seeking info over the internet.   May I ask why you use WIFI for internet and LAN cable for connection to Vault?  Doesn't your network infrastructure allow for the internet?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 14
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster

The home startup is disabled in all computers and the application options are set to the minimum for optimal performance.

All users are connected to the Vault server by cable, and only 3 have also wifi connection to check emalis and consult information. The others 12 users don't have internet connection to avoid disctractions while working.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Hi, 

In one computer, I have updated with internet explorer 11(before IE9), and also download the windows update files with internet connection and the issue was solved.

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry to bump a really old post. But was this ever resolved. I am supporting a client that is having the same issue and we havent come across anything that would resolve this. 

Message 14 of 14
Xun.Zhang

Hello @Anonymous,

It should be resolved already in the latest version, please help retry.

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report