Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change from INCH to centimeter. Picture is inside letter.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
12852 Views, 5 Replies

How to change from INCH to centimeter. Picture is inside letter.

Hello,

I found one motorycle drawing, but there is all dimensinons in INCH. How can i change from INCH to centimeter to do this skech in centimeter.  Im never done this before, and i dont know. 😞 

If I change dimension in documents (Inventor)  to draw in INCH, I cant put there like 3/15 and some little numbers. 

Sample of plan is here.  In.jpg   
 Please, can anybody explane to me how to make changes from INCH to centimeter and to do drawing in Centimeter. Maybe is some calculator, what can help me, or a different stuff. 

Thanks 🙂

Best regards,
Antony.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Antony,

Did you try RCing on the dimension and editing the dimension style?  In the styles editor?

cm.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant put there like 3/15 and some little numbers. 

Best regards,
Antony.  

Sure you can.  Just enter as equation.

SInce you source documentation is in inches, but you prefer to work in cm - simply set that as your document units and then whenever you enter a dimension enter the in units.  Inventor will automatically convert to cm for you. 

If you have trouble - attach your file here and explain what isn't working, 

BTW - I don't think the iinformation cadmanto gave you is what you are looking for.
That information is for creating 2d drawings.

I think what you are looking for is Tools>document settings>units

In any case, in Inventor you can simply enter the units along with the magnitude and Inventor will take care of calculations and unit conversions for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

In your sketch dimensions, just key in the fractional inch dimensions exactly as shown on the drawing (with a space between the integer and fraction).  [Example: 3 7/8"].  Inventor takes care of unit conversions for you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you all !!! 

Now Im understood what i must to do. Like allways, it was a simple answer.  Just needs to write 3 3/7  and thats all 😄

Thanks, it is very nice to get very fast information.  🙂   

Message 6 of 6
mjhaider78

Hi,

I was also looking for the same information. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report