Hi Guys. Well I've installed service pack 1.1 on his machine. That didn't work. It's still not writing the DWG file correctly. Starting to think this may be a bug. But I'm able to do this with my profile so. PLEASE PLEASE help. This is going to give me a heart attack.
Have you tried re-installing DWG TrueView? Re-installing DWG TrueView is failry painless. It is definetly worth a shot in this scenario.
You may want to try a repair solution for a corrupt window's profile in Inventor just for good measure. I've added step 6-8 as a precaution. Please make sure that step 1 is followed. Note that the following solution will delete the application settings. You may want to 'Export' the application options so that they can be reloaded after the solution.
To fix a corrupt profile
1. Close all Autodesk and other open applications. Disable anti-virus, and lower UAC (User Account Control in Windows) to 'never notify.'
2. Go to Start > Run > type " regedit" to bring up the registry editor
3. Browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor
4. Export the the applicable registry version key for a back up
5. Delete the applicable registry version key/hive (note Inventor 2013 is version 17, Inventor 2012 is version 16, etc...)
6. Go to Start > command prompt > launch the program by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator
7. In the command prompt change the active directory (using command 'cd') to C:\program files\Autodesk\Inventor 20XX\bin)
8. Type 'apprenticeregsvr.exe/install' *note: This step shouldn't be necessary but will not hurt anything .
9. Launch Inventor and re-test the issue.
Give this a try and let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.
Product Support Specialist
Product Support Americas