I looked at the time and steps and found 30 seconds and 15 images. I have no idea how images was set at only 15. I changed the numbers to 15 seconds and 1500 images and the simulation works smooth and takes a very short time to complete. Below are a few other changes I made to the original assembly and settings to achieve the proper movement.
- I modified the ramp to an incline of 2.5 degrees.
- I changed the thickness of the ramp sides from .0625” to 1” and added a full round over fillet to the top edge.
- I changed Gravity to only 70.000in/s^2.
- I used .1 friction on the 3D contact.
- I did not input any settings into the Planar standard joint.
Changes 3, 4 and 5 were definitely required but I’m not sure if the first two changes made any difference. I don’t use dynamic simulation enough to really understand the logic but I’m always amazed when I finally get a smooth realistic end result.
I know the gravity setting is not realistic but at least it works without any extra forces. I guess if I had the properties of the cone set correctly then I could increase gravity back to the default number and probably decrease the time but like I said I really need to watch some dynamic simulation training videos.
Before I check the “accept as solution” I want to make a quick video and post the link here. I sure do appreciate the help.