Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 Solid meshing, no further information available

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ian.cross
1776 Views, 6 Replies

Error 1 Solid meshing, no further information available

Hi,
When performing a stress analysis on any part from a extruded block to the inventor 2010 tutorials it will not work, error reads mesh failed : body failure Error1 no further information available, internal error in the meshing. this happens on both my computers one my works computer and 1 my homes laptop.

I have reregistered all inventor modules tired install on a different computer with 2 different sets of discs i hae repaired, reintsalled all as local Admin, i have compared all stress analysis settings with another computer that works. i have latest updated recommended certified drivers, all windows updates, i have tried the performance stress analysis hotfix.

Any Ideas any1? im just confused how it doesnt work on both my computers with 2 different sets of discs, i have a registered copy of 2010 Inventor Professional,

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: ian.cross

Can you attach the file here?
You might want to contact your VAR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
ian.cross

JD,
I dont really have any files to send you as even a simple extruded block fails, even if i dont run the simulation and just click mesh view it fails,
i have attached the error codes if its any use to you

I am in contact with my VAR

thanks
Message 4 of 7
charegb

Hi,
We would like to get to the bottom of this issue. Please contact me by email so that I can get some information about your setup. My address is - bankim.charegaonkar@autodesk.com

I'll post the details to this forum once we identify the issue.

Regards,
Bankim

Mechanical Simulation
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
garytang

Hello,

While Bankim will help you with more info from you, could you also check the registry as below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation = 1 or 0.

It is supposed to be 0 by default. If it is set to 1 in your system, it could result in the problem you saw. If so, could you change it to 0 and give it a try?

Best regards,

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 6 of 7
garytang

As confirmed with a customer, the following steps should work as a workaround for this issue:

1. Uninstall Inventor.
2. Set the registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation = 0.
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Install Inventor into the folder “c:\Inv2010” instead of the default folder "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2010"

Start Inventor, meshing should work now.

You may also change the registry setting back to NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation = 1, then reboot the computer. Start Inventor, it should all work now.

Best regards,

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 7 of 7
JorgenBjornes
in reply to: garytang

I also have this problem. But NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation has the value of "2" on my machine.

Will a repair do, or is a full uninstall/reinstall required?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report