Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting slots and maintaining orientation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Breeze104
2226 Views, 3 Replies

Cutting slots and maintaining orientation

I need to cut slots in a circular pattern around a flange ring, but I also need the slots to maintain their orientation so the slots are straight.

What I am atempting is to create a shim that once cut can be slid between 2 flange rings and not have to take the bolts all the way out.

I attached a pic of what I am trying to do.  The slot has to stay in that orientation, yet patterned around the circle.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Breeze104,

If I understand correctly, you'll want to use the Rectangular Pattern tool, and choose the center offset circle as the Direction1 input, and then choose a start point, and set the orientation to Identical.

Note that you might need to set your construction line circle to a regular linetype  in order to be able to use it for the direction selection.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Pattern.png

Message 3 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: Breeze104

Create a slot cut out like shown and use a RECTANGULAR pattern along a curve to get this result.

Part file attached as well.

Rect Pattern.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4

Thanks a bunch...I thought there should be a way to do it.  I keep forgetting to look at the drop down extra command features.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report