Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make a coil into a circle

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1173 Views, 5 Replies

Can you make a coil into a circle

My question is about coils.  Is it possible to have a coil bend into a cirlce instead of always having it on a straight line for the axis.  I need to have the coil bend for a heating element to make it go around a diamter of 2".  If any body can help me i would like it very much.  I can make the coil fine just need help with that.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to use 'bend part'

Post what you've got if you can't figure it out

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

here is the part. i tried to bend it but i couldnt click anyting. can you help?

Message 4 of 6
cwhetten

There are a couple of ways to do this.  Check out this thread for one example.  You can also follow some of the links provided in that thread for other examples.

I tried to create a coil and then use the bend command, but the result is not quite right.  It deforms the turns of the coil more on the outside and inside than on the top and bottom sides (I hope that makes sense), and this gives you a coil that is slightly off (in other words, the coil does not have a constant cross-section over its entire length).  The thread linked above offers one solution that doesn't suffer this problem.

-cwhetten

Message 5 of 6
rdyson

Might be better off just applying a texture to a torus

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

can you save that last file attachment in autodesk 2010?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report