Need to put ACME Threads on a parts. Searched here and found the attached ACME Threads.xls file. I copy/pasted this into my Threads.xls. Now when I try to use it, I get an error "Error in ACME thread family: Unit string in cell A1 is incorrect". I have tried editing the cell, but I cant get this to work.
It appears that this spreadsheet was made for an older version of Inventor. Could someone corrrect this so it will work with Inventor 2011.
The format of A1 has changed a bit. The contents of A1 are to be as follows:
N Internal only
X External only
P Pitch in column E
Q TPI in column E
Regarding the two attached files:
Thread.xls is a newer version of the Inventor thread file,I think version 2011.
Stub-Acme-Only.xls is how I did some custom stub acme threads, I just removed all of the other sheets.
The samples should guide you toward how the sheets need to be setup. As you are already have the data in neat columns it should only be a matter of copying across.
Thank you for this. I am sure it will help others as well. I did see some errors in the xls file. These errors are persistent from 1.125 to 4.00. I have attached a corrected file below.
You are right. All non-intergral sizes between 1.125 and 4 appear to have incorrect thread designtaion values. Thanks for spotting this.