Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 SP1 Network Usage?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikahB
644 Views, 4 Replies

2012 SP1 Network Usage?

Just did a clean install of Product Design Suite 2012 on my machine and I was having trouble with Inventor - everything else seemed to be working fine.  I installed SP1 during installation, so it's all up-to-date as well.

When I would try to close Inventor, it would just hang and I had to kill the process manually.  I found that as soon as I opened Inventor, my network usage was pegging and I could see it downloading.  I let it run for about 60MB downloaded with no signs of slowing down.

I turned Windows Firewall back on and blocked Internet access for Inventor.exe, now it opens and closes fine with no issues.  Anybody know what it's doing downloading that much data and if I let it run will it ever stop (my Internet plan has limited download bandwidth - I can't just let it run until it stops).

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: MikahB

i think i do

its something from the communication center about the inventor optization subscription feature add on

i noticed this on several computers we just setup last week with product design suite 2012 on and several other 2012 products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Bernatek

So what is the solution? Block Inventor by the Windows Fire wall?

Message 4 of 5
Ray_Feiler

See

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Cannot-exit-IV-2012-hangs-on-exit/m-p/3266294/highli...

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 5 of 5
Bernatek

Thanks, that's it!

Why didn't I found?

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report