Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic access Hatch Object and modify color

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tsreagan
1241 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic access Hatch Object and modify color

Autodesk Team,

How do I get at the hatch objects within a drawing using iLogic?

I would like to be able to customize hatch color based on various part properties.

ie: 

Purchased part = Green Hatch

Refrence = Light Grey
and much more

This would be possible if I can get to the hatch object and determin what part it is associated with.

I only see iLogic code that allows you to change visibility of all hatching, and set general hatch angle.

Since I can select a hatch in the drawing and change its color, I assume there is an un-published API object that relates to hatches, could anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

T.S.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: tsreagan

It's always good to link back to the old thread, too.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
tsreagan
in reply to: mrattray

I will be sure to do that in the future.

Thank's mrattray

Message 4 of 4
scottmoyse
in reply to: tsreagan

API support for hatches is pretty poor at this point. It received a decent amount of support during the latest Inventor API survey, so fingers crossed for 2015.

I want to have control over the sectioned edges around the hatch, then set the colour of those lines & their lineweights to be different to the visible edges. It makes section views 'pop' and therefore much easier to follow. The feature selection filter allows you to manually select the individual loops, but its a laborious process. I think these are probably two seperate things (wrt the API), but closely related.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report