On really large FBX exports the roads in the scene no longer seem to cut into the terrain (instead float above it, which leads to some uggly loooking roads, that sometimes also go under the terrain).
I have also recently swapped out the terrain in AIM for a smaller one, but it looks fine in AIM, so not sure why it exports badly.
Is there a way to fix this?
A couple of questions:
- Can you provide screenshots showing the behavior? Or a sample project?
- What kind of road style are you using (regular, bridge, tunnel)?
- What kind of terrain are you using (grid, TIN, contour)?
Hi Thanks for the reply.
Some more behaviour, This only happens when exporting a large section of the scene (over 10 km squared). (The FBX is 400mb + .I have managed to work around it by exporting the scene in two halves (each around 200mbs). Then the road cuts holes into the terrain in the FBX exports as expected (and sits in those holes nicely, rather than having a no cuts in the terrain object and having the roads floating slightly above (and below) the terrain due to the contours not quite being the same.
As for your questions:
1. Can you provide screenshots showing the behavior? Or a sample project?
---> I will try tomorrow with the sceen shots, although it takes a long time to reproduce. The project file is many GBs so I will probably not be able to upload that.
2. What kind of road style are you using (regular, bridge, tunnel)?
---> Predominantly regular, but with some bridges
3. What kind of terrain are you using (grid, TIN, contour)?
--->the terrain has been generated from shape files