Is there any way to load custom models for light posts, signs, etc. into IM? For example, if you exported a Revit family as an FBX, can you create a custom furniture style and load in the FBX? I browsed to the file location of the furniture models, and all of the model extensions are .DAE.sff. DAE is Collada, but what is .sff?
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Open the "Style Palette" with the toolbar button.
- Select the "Model" tab on the left hand side of the "Style Palette".
- Either select an existsing catalog (withe the drop-down menu at the top of the "Style Palette") or create a new catalog (with the "green plus" at the top of the "Style Palette") the new model style should be put into.
- Click the "green plus" at the bottom of the "Style Palette to add a new "Model Style" and give it an appropriate name.
- Double click it in order to edit its prorperties.
- Click the "..." right to the "Model URI" field and select the FBX, 3DS, OBJ, or DAE model file to use.
- If required tweak some of the settings.
- Click "OK" and you are done and you can use this new style.
Do you need more help on this?
I´m perhaps sounding like an FBX evangelist1, but it´s a great format, I try to stick to it like 3ds when 64000 vertices was like a golden reminder of bad design, not anymore.
FBX can handle animation/huge/clean meshes/Textures/uv´s done right, and endless other great stuff.
If done right, a FBX export/Import is the best common format availeble, I know Dassault has brilliant stuff, but not for us mortals.
It´s not related to IM, but if into great detailed stuff, register at this place.
It´s Italian, but I can stand that for class/stylish greatness, many wonderful design from Italy.
The Revit curtain system is worth registering alone, but very heavy for export, but Revit handle it just fine.