Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show 2d drawing overlay in inventor drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nstalker
464 Views, 2 Replies

show 2d drawing overlay in inventor drawing

I see the drawing overlay in the inventor IAM factory layout but when I create a drawing of the assembly, the 2d overlay disappears.  How do I make the 2d drawing overlay show up in inventor drawing views?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yizhou.cao
in reply to: nstalker

This currently is not supported. You may want to use the sync to AutoCAD command to create a 2d view.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Factory-Design-Suite/Cannot-view-DWG-overlay-in-Inventor-IDW/...

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 3
nstalker
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Thanks for your response Yizhou.  I do currently sync between the two.  It's just that I don't have 3d models of everything on the factory floor so I don't have factory assets with 2d views of everything.  I do have a 2d autocad drawing without assets.  I wanted to align that in autocad and see it in the Inventor drawing view.  It does show up in the Inventor model, just not in the drawing.

I understand this is not supported now. Any chance we could see this feature in the future?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report