Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connector class tutorial?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
coreyparks
1504 Views, 7 Replies

connector class tutorial?

I have been playing around with making some of my own assets and I am really wondering if there is any good ducumentation on exactly how the connector class files are supposed to work.  All I can find is basic descriptions of the files but no in depth tutorials or documents.  I am tired of trying to hack my way through these until the asset starts working correctly.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jeff.pek
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey -

The attached document gets into more details about how to create custom connector classes, and how the Connector Class properties assigned to assets fit in.

Please feel free to ask regarding any aspects of this that you're having trouble with.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 3 of 8
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

Thanks Jeff, that has shed some more light on this for me.  I have most of my conveyor assets working the way I want now, just one more piece to do and they are done.  Thanks again. 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 8

Here My confusion. It works on simple asset. Let's say I have an asset with 3 connectors point. On the connector1 I connect a convoyor, and connector2 a conveyor and on connector3 a different machine. I have a hard time to understand how the mapping is done. For example, I can make a machine with 2 connectors and I am able to fix it with conveyor that will set at different height.

<ConveyorHeight family_type="normal" connector_name="Connector1" value_source="Parameter">HauteurEntree</ConveyorHeight>

<ConveyorHeight family_type="normal" connector_name="Connector2" value_source="Parameter">SortieBasse</ConveyorHeight>

Now, the HauteurEntree and SortieBasse are parameters in my asset. How does it know that it's map to the height of the conveyor. In the convoyor, the parameter is Height. So, what is the mecanic for the mapping to map properly. is the <ConveyorHeight as something to di with it? does it mean the first part is the assetname followed by the parameter name?

Just a little bit confused. Is there more sample of more complex connectorclass file. I looked at the one from the installation.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
guosu
in reply to: coreyparks

Yes, <ConveyorHeight> is the internal mapping name.  Parameters in different assets map together with the consistent internal mapping name. You could find all system connectorclass files in ConnectorClasses folder.

Cloud ConnectorClass files:   ....\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Factory Design Suite 2013\FactoryCloudLibrary\ConnectorClasses

Local ConnectorClass files: ...\ProgramData\Autodesk\Factory Design Suite 2013\FactoryLibrary\ConnectorClasses

Thanks,

Sucy

Message 6 of 8
JBerns
in reply to: guosu

Dear Autodesk,

Will the documentation mentioned above be updated for FDS 2018? It would appear that the FactoryLibrary folder has become much more complex.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 7 of 8
olegd.prod
in reply to: JBerns

Hi Jerry,
Sorry for the delayed reply, somehow this message got lost in my inbox 😞

ConnectorClass info is still relevant for 2018 as-is.
You mentioned "FactoryLibrary folder has become much more complex". In what way? I don't think we changed much in the way this folder is used ...

Oleg
Message 8 of 8
JBerns
in reply to: olegd.prod

Hi Oleg,

No worries. I was searching the documentation for the folder location of the ConnectorClass files. The post by Sucy (@guosu) on this thread was helpful.

I had been away from FDS/FDU for a while, so it seemed more complex than I remembered it. Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report