Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireframe Building Walls in Factory Design

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
racaldwell1367
1109 Views, 2 Replies

Wireframe Building Walls in Factory Design

I made the building walls and features in Autocad Architecture and brought it into Inventor Factory as an overlay on the new layout.  The walls appear only as wireframe regardless of visibilty settings. Also, I can not select any features of the building. All assets I am putting into the layout are referenced in the real building from the column lines. Not being able to measure or move assets to the center of a column is a real hinderance.

Is there a way to make solid walls and be able to use the building features just as any other asset?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: racaldwell1367

Hi there,

The ACA building walls in Inventor as an overlay, these are client graphics.

If you want to use them as other asset, you need to do the followings:

1)     Convert AEC objects to 3D solid through CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS command in ACA

2)     Click Get Started Tab>-Create Asset>-Import DWG Solids in Inventor factory

Thanks
-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
dba78
in reply to: XuesongBai

I'm generally not someone, who mocks around, but I was facing the same issue, and I find, when ADSK creates some interaction for this very goal, namely to connect architectural objects from Acad with machinery from Inventor, this is a major lack of concept, that the building around the machine-layout doesn't appear solid......

Can't believe, this was such a complicated thing to implement......

BR,

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report