Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Assets and Project File settings????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
deathman20
1200 Views, 4 Replies

User Assets and Project File settings????

Alright im getting ready to move forward with publishing files to be ready to used but.... now running into a load of questions/issues.

1) Can I move my User Asset folder?  If so how can I change it from the default location to another drive?  The files in total will be large in the 10-15Gig area for assets off my C drive would be wonderful!

2) How can I get the published assets into Vault?  This is to get it to other people can get it, or best bet to copy it to a network drive location and leave outside of vault?

As for setting up the project file... I've done minimal of this in the past, pretty basic, heres the working directory go to it.  I haven't touched the Workspace items, folder options to most extent, options or Vault Options are all default settings.  Is there something I should change?

Is there a good guide to show what all these options are and how they can be used?  I tried searching but probably not finding the proper options.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: deathman20

Hi, For question 1: You can move your user asset folder to other location. Once done, you need to relocate it in the project editor-Library node. For question 2: I suggest that you share your assets in the shared floder. So other people can read it and also relocated the location in project editor-Library node. They need not to copy it to their local drive. If people have the right to write file to the shared folder, they can publish the assets to it directly,so other people can get the updated assets in the same time. Please refer to the guidline by me on how to set up the factory library and use the library accordingly.
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 5
deathman20
in reply to: XuesongBai

Totally forgot about this post, been soo busy with family things.  

Anyways thanks for the Doc file!  This helped out a lot.  And should of thought of this prior to posting the last post, having these files on a shared folder will not work in my case.  Our Department has laptops... and we are on the move so if we don't have net access we still need access to the files so having it on the laptop is the only way that will work.

Though is there a way to store these files within vault?  I'd rather these be in vault where we can easily store them off the normal network and can pull updates when needed.  Should say is there an easy way to do this.  I know you can vault files manually but not sure about doing full blown directory structures with a mix of file types.

Message 4 of 5
gareevaa
in reply to: XuesongBai

thank you for the doc file it helped me to create shareable library in 2023 ha-ha! I am installing and setting up Factory Design by my own and faced many challenges including this one.
Message 5 of 5
nekopapp212
in reply to: deathman20

1. In regards to moving your User Asset folder in the context of the information provided, it is unclear which specific software or platform you are referring to. Please provide more details about the software or platform you are using, and I will do my best to assist you with the steps to change the User Asset folder location.

2. To get the published assets into Vault or make www.roofersofarlington.com/ them accessible to others, you can consider a few options. One option is to copy the published assets to a network drive or shared location where others can access them directly. Another option is to use a file sharing service or version control system, such as Git, to share the assets with others. The specific method will depend on your workflow, requirements, and the tools available to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report