Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Solid Body

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
coreyparks
933 Views, 9 Replies

Suppress Solid Body

I created an asset that I am rying to control by iLogic.  I Created as a multi-body solid and figured I would simply toggle the visibility on and off of the solid bodies I didn't want to see in any particular configuration.  I can't seem to figure out how to toggle the visibility of the solid bodies however.  I can suppress individual features, but that gets to be a little complicated as I have to toggle more than a dozen features for each config as opposed to just the 4 solid bodies.  Can this be done?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
yizhou.cao
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey,

You can expand the Solid Bodies folder in the browser and select a body to toggle its visibility using the context menu command.

Yizhou

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 10
coreyparks
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Yes I realize that I can do this manually.  However I need to control this trough iLogic inside a Factory asset, is this possible?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi Corey,

Sure, it is possible that the visibility of the bodies is controlled by iLogic. However, you should bring the VBA code into the iLogic as attanchment presented. In the sample, we can change the user parameter "BodyShow" from True to False to turn the bodies on and off.

8-3-2011 10-09-25 AM.png

Hope this will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Xuesong I have tried to implement your VB code to toggling the visibility on solidsbodies, but i an getting an error in the line "For i = 1 To oMultiBodies.Count" saying that 'For' must end with a matching 'Next' I am working on inventor 2014. Best regards Thomas
Message 6 of 10
jeff.pek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI Thomas -

The code posted is not quite correct. It needs a "Next" statement that terminates the "For" block.

This link can help explain the syntax here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5z06z1kb.aspx

So here, you'd need something like this:

For i = 1 to oMultiBodies.Count

oBody = oMultiBodies.Item(i)

If oBody.Name = ...

End If

Next

Jeff

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.pek

Thanks Jeff Just what i needed and it works perfectly 😃 Br Thomas
Message 8 of 10
mk92

Is there any disadvantage of turning the visibility of the solid bodies off instead of supressing all the features in the Factory Design Suite?

I have some models with a few features and it takes up to a minute to supress them all. Turning the visibility of the solid bodies off just takes a second!

Regards

Message 9 of 10

Corey,

There is another technique to do this without having to use iLogic.  In lieu of rewriting everything here, I am giving you a link to a blog post I wrote a couple of months back.  Basically one could also utilize a technique called "conditional suppression" which sets features to be suppressed base on parameter values.  These parameters can then be passed to published assets by setting them as key parameters.  This is a good technique for those who aren't as comfortable with iLogic.  Hope this opens up additional possibilities for you and have a most blessed day!

Link to Blog Post: http://www.mastergraphics.com/wordpress/2014/inventor-tips-tricks-conditional-feature-suppression/

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 10 of 10

Nice article, Pete.

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report