Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering troubles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Logos_Atum
580 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering troubles

Hello there,

we have had some troubles rendering a large Factory Layout. As we need it to be 10811 by 10811 pixels in size

we ran into the 10000 by 10000 render limit in the first place. Ok that´s not that crucial I guess. some dpi will be

missing, but it should not be noticed. Sadly Inventor crashes every time we start to render, I´ve sent the error report.

I tried to upload the assembly to Autodesk 360 and got no message at all... could not take days I guess, so that´s

the second problem I encountered. Importing to Showcase failed due to a RAM issue, 24 GB were´nt enough. I´ve

expanded the system RAM to 32 GB. It might work now, but I did not test it yet. I would have used the FBX export from showcase for MAX if showcase itself would have refused to render a image that large.

Via a 3rd party plugin I exported the assembly as an FBX, which I am currently importing to MAX Design. I hope this works. Also it would be nice because I could assign the job to 5 machines for rendering.

Are there recommendations for rendering print quality graphics? Which program to use, file sizes corresponding to

hardware limitations? It took way to long to play with all the settings and I have a deadline to meet.

Is anyone offering services for rendering large files?

Glad for any input

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Logos_Atum

with 3ds max you can setup a render farm to render a large print

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

renderfarm has been set up and is waiting for the call 😉

I will make use of 5 machines. Each of them running a

4core 8 thread Xeon. The Host system is equipped with

32 GB of ram, the clients are equipped with 16 GB each.

All I need to do is to import a 380 MB FBX and feed it to

Backburner.

I will compare it to the Showcase image which is currently

rendered. I hope it´s as fine as expected. I will give you a

short notice.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 4
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

I had to render in Showcase. Max crashed when I changed the pixel dimensions ^^.

Smaller files rendered as expected. I think I need a lot more practice and a vacation 😉

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report