Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re sizing Factory objects in AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Carl_mgfx
686 Views, 8 Replies

Re sizing Factory objects in AutoCAD

Hi all

I know when placing 3D Factory assets in Inventor you can change parameters to change length, with, height and other parameters.

My questions is. Can this be done in the 2D model drawn in AutoCAD Archi?  I have tried to find an option but had no luck.  I have found a "Factory Object Properties" window but when I select a 2D Factory assest this window is blank (see attached).  Is this correct?  Should this window show me the changeable parameters?

Kind Regards

Carl van Rooyen

Factory Design Suite 2012 SP2

Win 7 Pro 64bit

HP Elitebook 8530w

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
coreyparks
in reply to: Carl_mgfx

Sad to say but no, I have talked to Autodesk about this in the past and you can't currently do this.  Kinda makes your flexible assets a bit worthless on the autocad side.  I do know they have it on the wish list of things to add in future releases, I just wish I knew when that might be.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 9
jeff.pek

Corey's right that this isn't currently available, and is something that we're working on -- in a form -- for an upcoming future release.

Jeff

Message 4 of 9
Carl_mgfx

Thanks for the feed back guys.

On another note. Is there a thread that I can upload issues and wishlists?

Kind Regards

Carl van Rooyen

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Message 5 of 9
bagchis

Carl,

You can send your feedback directly to the following email address. The Factory Design Suite team will monitor this.

fds.feedback@autodesk.com

Thanks,
Shibai Bagchi

Product Manager

Message 6 of 9
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: bagchis

Thanks for the info.  I will send a list trough today and will continue to contribute as I find more things to add.

I'm not sure at what stage FDS is in with regards to developement for the 2013 release.  Are Autodesk at liberty to let us know a rough date of release for 2013?

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Message 7 of 9
coreyparks

Autodesk won't tell you specifically when the next release will be but they are on a roughly one year release schedule with releases since 2008 coming out from the end of Febuary to about mid April.  I would say it should be no more than about 45 days if things go the way they have been.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 8 of 9
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: coreyparks

Thanks for the info. I'm sure after reading that we should expect it to be released soon after Inventor 2013  and other Suites expected to be release within the next few months. 

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Message 9 of 9

All,

I have been having the same problem and have developed the following work around.  When developing the asset, I set the most common sizes / configurations as "Asset Variants".  These can be manipulated both in Inventor and AutoCAD.  I would suggest going down that route.  Be cautioned that if you switch the Variant state in AutoCAD it will override any custom parameter dimensions that you altered in Inventor.  Otherwise, you could just make the necessary modification in Inventor and then Sync back to AutoCAD.

I am working in FDS 2013 and want to know if the AutoCAD parameter modifications will be in place for the 2014 version?  Thanks and have a blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report