Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing or refreshing dwg in Factory enviroment

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
schmitz.broich
751 Views, 9 Replies

Publishing or refreshing dwg in Factory enviroment

Hi ! 

Hope someone can help me. 

I´m using FDS2013 and using the dwg overlay feature which works pretty well. Sometimes i have to rescale it 1:3,937 or 1:0,3937 but this is ok. 

Now i want to use the publish dwg feature, to get may Overlay AND 3D Parts on one dwg.

When i use the publish button i get and error that the font txt.shx cant be created.

Thsi is the Text in German:

"Dokument speichern: Beim Ausführen dieses Befehls sind Fehler aufgetreten.

Schrift txt.shx kann nicht erstellt werden."

This dont seem to be a big problem - so i click ok and a warning pops up with 4 different reasons:

In english the text is similar to:

--------------------

refreshing from "filepath....._published.dwg" is failed.
possible reasons:

1. the dwg is already opend

2. The path is not valid

3. The files are not checked out for vault projects

4. unknown errors

---------------------

Point 1: I dont have any dwg open so point 1 isn´t it.

Point 2: dont know but it seems that the filepath is valid. only the pointed filename doenst exist.

Point 3: we dont use the vault

Point 4: really ?!

I searched for this problem but i dont find any solution. Does anyone have a trick to get this work ? 

That would be awesome ! 

Greetings from Germany

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
yizhou.cao
in reply to: schmitz.broich

Hi,

I am not sure why it failed. I can take a look if you can email me your dataset. In the meantime, have you tried the Sync AutoCAD command? Does it archieve what you need?

Thanks,

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi there,

It seems that the dwg template which is required in the process of publishing asset is not found.

So could you please check which default template path is used?

5-22-2014 1-25-22 PM.png

As default, the following template seperately for Temperial asset and Metric asset.

• C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates\Metric\ANSI (mm).dwg
  • C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates\English\ANSI (in).dwg

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 10
schmitz.broich
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi ! 

Many thx for both replys ! 

- The sync command doesnt work too - but i dont use this time assets because i dont get the 2d files for my assets - thats my next problem i have to solve.

I found many tipps and tricks for Inventor that helps me at work, but to get the the fds really working and getting a good workflow is a hard thing.. 😕

I think that Xuesong is right and something with the template is wrong. 

I found the default templates in the path of c:/users.... BUT we have our templates on the server and all workstations have set this one filepath. With the Inventor templates this works perfect. The projectfile points to this path.

Now i tried to set the fds template to the same path and set the factory options for layout, part, and assembly to the right path. But the dwg template doesnt have the same way to be set up. I can only choose "choose template automatic by unit" or "custom template". If i called custom template i can only choose a dwt template but i dont have one. 

Any tips to get this work ? 

Thanks !

Message 5 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi,

Currently we cannot set the DWG template for publish 2D asset in Factory options. We can leverage the setting in Inventor Application Options.

5-22-2014 2-45-05 PM.png

Well,  ANSI(in).dwg must be in ...English folder. ANSI(mm).dwg must be in ...Metric folder.

BTW:dwt template in the factory options is used for sync autocad to get an 2d layout file. It is not for publishing 2D asset.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 6 of 10
schmitz.broich

Hi ! 

I tried to copy the hole metricfolder which set up by the installation in my c:/user...path into the server-templatefolder and it doesnt work. Same error like before. I think the files set up correctly but it wont work...

Any other ideas ? 😞 

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi,

As you set the template in your application options, please make you have use default template in Inventor project settting.

5-22-2014 3-58-50 PM.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 8 of 10
schmitz.broich

Hi ! 

First i dont know what to do but then i understand what you mean and tried it. It works ! 🙂 

Don´t know why but when i take the the projectsetting for the templates to default it works (As you told me).

Does this mean, that i cant use pojectspecific templates in FDS ? 

Thanks for that trick - now i can export a dwg file directly from the FDS layout.

But here comes my next question: It exports only the 3D Data into 2D - but i wanna create a dwg with my 3D data AND the overlaydata from my customer. Is this possible ? If not where is the difference between this and the inventor idw=> dwg export feature ?

Thanks ! 

Message 9 of 10
yizhou.cao

2D dwg overlays should be exported too using the Publish command. I am not sure why it doesn't work for me. Did you zoom all in AutoCAD? I did notice that sometimes the overlays are not scaled correctly.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 10 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi,

Yes, you can use the template in the project setting. The setting is prior to the setting in the application.

For the next question, do you want to create the overal plan view and section view and elevation view in Inventor drawing?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report