Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Factory.Modz() for Inventor available on Autodesk Labs

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
scott.sheppard
1464 Views, 28 Replies

Project Factory.Modz() for Inventor available on Autodesk Labs

There is a new, free technology preview on Autodesk Labs.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/factory_modz/

How would you like to model and simulate your factory floor using the same technology that is used in game engines? Please let us know if this is a worthwhile idea? You can respond to this thread or send email to labs.factory.modz@autodesk.com. Thanks.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

Do I understand correct?

The version of modz offered for download doesnt' t work with the german version of fds2013?

ThanX

Klaus-Dieter

Message 22 of 29

That's right.

Jeff

Message 23 of 29

Ok, Thank you!

Regards, Klaus-Dieter

Message 24 of 29

Hi everyone,
I'm new with Autodesk and I have downloaded the Project Factory.Modz() from http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/factory_modz/
I have seen all the video tutorial find there, unlike tutorial, i haven't some component as "Teleporter" in my Factory Asset. Where can i find that asset?

Message 25 of 29
Ion01
in reply to: Klaus-Dieter.Simon

I ran into this too. It is the "Sink" and then you change the Sink Type in the Factory Properties window.

Message 26 of 29

Thanks Ion01,

It work!!!

I have another question, if i implement a cartesian robot with inventor, i can move it with that Modz? Otherwise i can do that with some program of Autodesk Factory Design Suite?

Spoiler

Message 27 of 29

The technology preview has ended. The team is considering conducting a second preview.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 28 of 29

A new technology preview is active. Comments a re being accepted over at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Project-Factory-Modz/bd-p/FactoryModz

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 29 of 29
peter1986
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hi,

I've been doing some testing for a logistc warehousing installation.

But i've noticed the conveyers etc are always virtually running when you simulate them.

Is there a way to trigger them with sensors to simulate buffering etc?

Is it also possible to have some kind of the opposite of a generator wich is controlled by a button to simule for instance a machine that pick a box off the conveyer line and see what happens?

Additional the integration of a flowchart would be extremely helpful to simulate your proces.

For a small system its easy, but for lager installations you get mad keeping the overview.

Grtz

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report