Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Analysis 360 - how to create variable cycle time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nstalker
460 Views, 2 Replies

Process Analysis 360 - how to create variable cycle time

OK I'm trying my first model with Process Analysis 360.  I put in all the processors, buffers, sources and end product.  Now I want to connect the processes.  In my simulation, I want to do the following:

Have multiple sources that arrive alternating and according to a distribution that I set up.  Depending on the source, the processing time will be different at each station.

Is there someone who can walk me through this sort of simulation or a reference video for this situation?  I already have a simulation with Promodel but I would love to be able to figure out how to do the same in Process Analysis 360 and compare the results.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jzhangustc
in reply to: nstalker

You can create multiple operations on a processor.  For each distinctive processing time, you need to create an operation.  You can click the "+" port to add a new operation.

We don't support scheduling of the distribution from multiple sources.  Currently it's free competition as First In First Serve. We will consider it for the future release.

Thanks for using PA360.

Jun

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 3
AmyLiu
in reply to: nstalker

@nstalker,

with latest pa build(processanalysis360.autodesk.com), we could support the requirements in your post.

I attach them here for your reference.

one pa file, and the other is the video.

Please have a try and then Welcome your feedback.

thanks,

Amy

Amy Liu (cui.liu@autodesk.com)
Senior Software QA Engineer
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report