Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meridian BlueCielo vs Inventor Factory

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Sprocket107
1690 Views, 17 Replies

Meridian BlueCielo vs Inventor Factory

Hi

We are working with FDS 2014 since last year and everything works fine.  Last month we installed Meridian BlueCielo to manage our documentation.  I noticed that the diesel caracter in the long file name cause a conflict between BlueCielo and Factory.  The main problem is with the assembly assets.

Is there anyone who experiences similar problem? And of course has a solution?

Thanks

Andre

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jeff.pek
in reply to: Sprocket107

Hi Andre -

Sorry you're running into problems.

Can you describe the issue in a little more detail?

What sort of conflict do you see?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 3 of 18
Sprocket107
in reply to: jeff.pek

Hi Jeff

I will try to explain it the best I can.

We began to work with Factory last year and as I said, everything works fine.  Since we installed BlueCielo, we experience Inventor crashes.

If my work is based on Inventor only, everything still working fine. Placing parts to build assemblies... very good.

When I work with assets, inconsistent results. If I use the assets dialog box to place a part asset, good again. As soon as I want to place an assembly asset, Inventor crashes instantly.

Also, before BlueCielo, I was able to open any (read only) file in the Factory Assets folder. After BlueCielo, instant crash.

If I rename the assembly asset sub folder by removing the diesel caracter (#), I can open the file.

The conflict seems to be around the long file name and the diesel caracters, but I'm not sure.

I attached the dmpuserinfo file and a little video to show Inventor crash.

Any tip will be appreciate.

Thanks

Andre

Message 4 of 18
yizhou.cao

I wonder if this is a Factory issue. Can you try the following?

1) Unload the Factory add-in from Inventor. Go to Tools tab->Add-Ins and uncheck "Load Automatically" for Factory.

2) Restart Inventor. You shouldn't have the Factoy ribbon.

3) Create a new part or assembly. Save and give a name that contains a "#".

4) Close and reopen the file.

Does it crash?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 5 of 18
Sprocket107
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Hi Yizhou

I tried it... no crash.

I noticed that Factory create and manage those # caracters. And before we installed BlueCielo, we had no problem.

I have no skill in programming but when I investigated in the dmpuserinfo file, I notice an error with msvcr100.dll and I think there is a link with C++ programming. But i'm not sure.

We have PCs with Factory AND BlueCielo, ans PCs with Factory AND NO BlueCielo. I made all my tests on both PCs.  Everyone without BlueCielo works fine and everyone with BlueCielo crashes.

I hope there are some hints for you in this message.

I stay in touch

Thanks

Andre

Message 6 of 18
jeff.pek

Hi Andre -

Unfortunately the crash is pretty generic -- in the "business" we call it "referencing a null pointer". 

Have you submitted any crash reports for this problem? If not, could you?

If so, do you have a report id or an e-mail that was used for the reports?

From the information you've provided, it's obviously down inside Inventor, when Factory is telling it to open the assembly, but beyond that I can't see anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 7 of 18
Sprocket107

Hi Jeff

Yes I submitted most of my crash repports but I have no repport id.

The e-mail used is the one I use now.

Do I have to confirm the e-mail adress?

Can you tell me if a solution could be provided by Meridian BlueCielo or if there is no solution (other then remove BlueCielo)?

Thank you all for your time.

Andre

Message 8 of 18
jeff.pek

Yes, please. I don't see the e-mail here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 9 of 18
jeff.pek

Do you think that we'd be able to install BlueCielo, to be able to reproduce this on our end?

Jeff

Message 10 of 18
Sprocket107

acormier@conceptparadesign.com

Yes Jeff, I'm pretty sure that if you install BlueCielo on your end, you will be able to crash your Inventor as well as we do. 😉

Thanks

Andre

Message 11 of 18
jeff.pek

Thanks, Andre -

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any reports under that e-mail address.

If it's easy to reproduce, could you trigger it once more, and see if you get a report id (in a browser window)?

What, exactly, would we install? "Meridian Enterprise"?

Jeff

Message 12 of 18
Sprocket107

I reproduce the crash and submitted it, but I don't see any repport id.

I don't know exactly what is the name of this add in, but it looks like "BlueCielo Meridian Application Integration"

Andre

Message 13 of 18
jeff.pek

Thanks for that. I can see that report now (ID = 98344090).

This looks like an Inventor issue, related to a missing referenced document, or something.

I suppose the file name character could somehow be involved, but it's hard to say for sure.

There was a defect reported against Inventor 2014 for this problem, and it appears to have been fixed by Inventor 2015. I'm trying to find out if Service Pack 2 (for Inventor 2014) would have addressed this. Have you got that applied?

I'm also following up with BlueCielo about this, but it might just be happenstance that having it around triggers this.

Jeff

Message 14 of 18
Sprocket107

Hi Jeff I'm not sure about SP2 but my Inventor was up to date this monday. I'm not at my desk today, I will look for it next week. Thank you very much Jeff for your time and all those answers. Andre
Message 15 of 18
jeff.pek

Thanks, Andre -

I confirmed that they have NOT migrated the fix for this issue into a 2014 Service Pack.

We will be requesting that this fix be included in the next "Update Pack." Until then, it seems like you may need to avoid both of these being loaded at the same time.

Jeff

Message 16 of 18
ederson.balbinot

Hi all!

@jeff.pek and @yizhou.cao you have news about this case?

I am working to implementation of the Blucielo Meridian 2016/2017 with Factory 2017/2018. (I don't have the correct version because is in the commercial negotiation)

You have informations about problems between this relation? You have docs about this?

Thanks for all!

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Message 17 of 18

Hi,

Do you still crash with FDU 2017 or 2018? If so, please send in a crash report with your email address noted.

Thanks,

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 18 of 18

Thank you @yizhou.cao

I questioned because I am in the implantation of the softwares and I would like to prevent any known errors.

But ok, when occur an error I sending the report with the e-mail.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report