Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor view representation in navisworks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JorgenBjornes
3894 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor view representation in navisworks

Creating designs with the skeleton approach is getting more used by Inventor users. This method often requires the use of skeleton (dummy) parts which drived the geometry, but they should be invisilble, reference parts themselves.

The skeleton parts is often solid models, and we use view representations to keep them invisible in inventor.

The problem is when an assembly is appended in Navisworks, everything seems to be visible. Including the skeleton part that might cover the whole design. 

-Is it possible somehow to make Navisworks respect the active view representation? Or to select which view representation to be used in Navisworks?

It is very tedious to manually hide all these parts. Some designs will even have the skeleton inserted many many times in all subassemblies.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Jorgen,

I have logged this request to the Factory Design Suite development team.

Regards,

Joe

Message 3 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: JorgenBjornes

Does changing this setting in the opions change anything?  See the attached pictures. It was added with the Factory service pack.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 5
JorgenBjornes
in reply to: coreyparks

OMG !

How did I not see this option! (and why, whi is this not the default setting?)

That is great. Much, much better!    

Of cource it would be nice so specify what representation to use, but this is close to perfect 🙂

thanks

Message 5 of 5

the problem is when you have an iam with several representations, how to use a specific one in navisworks. In inventor 22 I'm using model state and how to use this model state view in navis...heeeelp guys!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report