Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 3D to 2D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ybogdanov
526 Views, 3 Replies

From 3D to 2D

I was created the part of factory in the AutoCAD and I was send it to inventor. In inventor after using the command 3D generate asset now I have the 3D model. But if I add new asset in the inventor the 2D model is not updated...? The correct form to work which is it? I was think that in first is neceessary to create 2D model implantation in AutoCAD and than in Inventor the 3D, and any change in 3D need to change the 2D model.

And the same hope in the reverse mode. If I do any change in the 2D model (AutoCAD), and than update the dwg file in inventor, all 3D assets turn generated and in the 3D model there are many repeate models... Why Inventor don't detected the exist models and turn create another and another time...?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: ybogdanov

Hi Yury,

If my understanding is correct, I think you have 3D model that created in AutoCAD. The demanded workflow should be as following:

1,Import the AutoCAD 3D model to Inventor (Use Import DWG Solids command in Inventor if you have installed the SAP build of Factory layout suite)

2,Enter Asset Builder environment In Inventor

3,Publish the 3D model as Factory Libaray asset, then both 2D and 3D asset are generated automatically in AutoCAD and Inventor respectively.

While, if there is any update in 3D model, you need to republish it to replace the old one.

For your last question,we are getting a lot of requests for this functionality and your feedback helps us prioritize functionality as candidates for a future release of Factory Design Suite.

Thank you,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4
ybogdanov
in reply to: XuesongBai

The first question was:

- I was create my implantation with the existing blocks in AutoCAD (2D), than send it to Inventor and generate 3D model automaticaly. But after generation, I think tha is necessary to add new component, and I want to add it in the Inventor 3D model. After adding this component my 2D model in AutoCAD is don't update. The new 3D component which I was added in the Inventor is not added in the AutoCAD 2D model. I think that when I do some change in the one of the files (2D file in AutoCAD or 3D file Inventor) this change need to be reflected in the other. Because how I can do the analisys in AutoCAD if I was generated my factory in the Inventor 3D?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 4 of 4
yizhou.cao
in reply to: ybogdanov

Hi Yury,

Currently the AutoCAD drawing and the 3d layout are not associated. This is a funcationality we'll consider in a future release such that changes in one document will be reflected in the other document.

Thanks,

Yizhou Cao

Autodesk, Inc.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report