Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error- Unhandled Access Violation when changing to classic view

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Cybberia
451 Views, 2 Replies

Fatal Error- Unhandled Access Violation when changing to classic view

I have found a bug, and wanted to report it here in the hopes that someone from Autodesk sees it and can provide a patch. When my user opens the Autocad Mechanical portion of Autodesk Factory Design Suite, he recieves a message that reads FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 46ab0eh. I have found that after reseting the Mechanical to Factory defaults it works again without the error. The only tweak the user was making was to change the view of the classic view since this user is an old school designer and doesn't like using the ribbon. It is this change alone that is causing the error because we can open Mechanical several times without error. Then make only that one change and we get the fatal error the first time we re-open it.

If anyone has a fix for this, I would appreciate it. If not, I hope someone sees this error and could possibly provide an update that would fix this bug.

Thanks, Cybberia.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: Cybberia

Hello Cybberia,

Sorry for any  inconvenience that taken to you and your customers.

If my remember is correct, the Autocad mechanical SP1 has been fixing the issue already.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
Cybberia
in reply to: Cybberia

Thanks! I will see if SP1 is intalled. I did check for any updates and it said there were no updates available, so I assumed any service packs or updates were not the issue. I downloaded SP1 and will see if it installs today. I do see that in change log it has the following: CER: AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 may become unstable if you switch to Classic
workspace, after exit, and then launch it again.

Which is exactly my issue. Thanks again.

-Cybberia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report