Autodesk Factory Design Suite General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
BillMazza
Message 1 of 6 (258 Views)
Accepted Solution

Factory Design Suite - Routing question

258 Views, 5 Replies
12-09-2011 01:33 PM

I have a quick question. I'm tooling around with stations and routing for the first time and was wondering, how do you get the routing to follow a conveyor path?  Does the conveyor have to be an inventor asset in order to be recognized? Or do you just put up station after station, until you arrive at your next divert point? (knowing that stations aren't meant for routing paths, but for a purpose).

Employee
XuesongBai
Message 2 of 6 (249 Views)

Re: Factory Design Suite - Routing question

12-12-2011 12:33 AM in reply to: BillMazza

Hi,

The current FDS solution cannot support following the specific path ,such as Conveyor path. The path is the direct line of the Bule point of the station now.

Thank you very much for the question, we are getting a lot of requests for this functionality and your feedback helps us prioritize functionality as candidates for a future release of Factory Design Suite.

thanks,

-Xuesong

nstalker
Message 3 of 6 (175 Views)

09-12-2012 07:26 AM in reply to: XuesongBai

I would also like the ability to route along a conveyor.  Because I am unable to do this I have to purchase an alternative, non-Autodesk software to do what I thought Factory Design Suite could do.

Employee
XuesongBai
Message 4 of 6 (172 Views)

09-12-2012 06:58 PM in reply to: nstalker

Hi There,

Sorry we didn't update the latest info for you.

Now we have a chance to route along conveyor path in Factory Layout suite 2013. Please refer to the pdf attached.

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

nstalker
Message 5 of 6 (165 Views)

09-13-2012 06:09 AM in reply to: XuesongBai

Thanks Xuesong!  This is great news.  Is there any way to change the units in the routings from minutes to seconds?:smileyhappy:

Employee
tanghong77
Message 6 of 6 (140 Views)

09-17-2012 12:15 AM in reply to: nstalker

In Options, please find Factory Tab, in Defaults area, you can change the units for Stations, Operations, Jobs etc...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community