Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Assets Tags in Inventor Drawing Environment

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
petestrycharske
622 Views, 9 Replies

Factory Assets Tags in Inventor Drawing Environment

All,

I am working on documenting some layouts in Inventor and I cannot seem to find a way to extract the asset tag information into the Inventor drawing.  Is there a way to do this, so I don't have to label them again?  I have investigate in Inventor 2014 and 2015, but neither version seems to have a method.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Asset tags won't be in Inventor drawings. The Sync AutoCAD command will produce an AutoCAD dwg file with asset tags. Will that work for you?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 10

Hi Pete,

Sounds like you want to list the asset tag value in BOM or part list in Inventor Drawing, right?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 10

Xuesong,
Yes, I would like to do that or even be able to label them either like the ACAD sync or with a leader and property field. Is there a possibility of that happening? Thanks for the reply and have a most blessed night!

Sent from my iPhone
Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 10

Yizhou,
I would like to pull all the information into the Inventor drawing so that all projected views and detailing can be done in the Sam

Sent from my iPhone
Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 10

Hi Pete,

It is imposible straightforwardly now. Maybe need to do that through API.

0001.jpg

0002.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 7 of 10

Hi @petestrycharske,

Going back a while, but I don't suppose you ever got to the bottom of this did you?

Cheers,

Kurt

Message 8 of 10

Kurt, 

Good evening!  My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  Unfortunately, I did not get any further along with this.  However, I know that Factory API has now been made available, so perhaps an add-in could be built.  I don't have to time to do that currently, though.  Wish I had better news for you, but hopefully one day we can add this functionality one way or the other.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 9 of 10
mk92
in reply to: K_Baker_89

@K_Baker_89 : There is a idea in the Idea Station created by @petestrycharske. Maybe you could hit the like button Smiley Happy

Idea Station Link

Kind regards,

mk

Message 10 of 10
K_Baker_89
in reply to: mk92

Ah! Thanks very much for the heads up, I've now voted up the idea!

Cheers,

Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report