Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Create Simplified Part

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nstalker
683 Views, 8 Replies

Executing Create Simplified Part

"Executing Create Simplified Part" is taking a long time.  I would love a detailed progress report like NX gives.  Otherwise I can't be sure that the program isn't hung up.  There are 1,061 parts in this assembly so you can see why I am simplifying it.  Otherwise it would not work well as a factory asset.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
yizhou.cao
in reply to: nstalker

That's a native Inventor command. You may want to report it on the Inventor forum.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 9
nstalker
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Another related issue. When I tried to publish the simplified part it failed each time. One computer just closed Inventor without notice. The other computer gave me a message stating something about how the 2d drawing operation failed. So I tried publishing the original file and it worked fine.
Message 4 of 9
nstalker

Scratch that.  Although the assembly asset did publish, the 2d drawing turned out to be empty.  How can I know ahead of time if my asset is going to fail?  Are there things I should look for like surfaces vs solids?  It would be nice for Inventor to warn you before you try to publish an asset that it contains features that may cause the publishing to fail and for the program to suggest changes to the assembly to improve performance.

Message 5 of 9
yizhou.cao

I was able to create a simplified part from the Mezzanine in system assets and publish it with no problem. The dwg file looks correct. If you open your dwg and zoom all, do you see anything? I have to look at your files to know why it fails. Can you send me your published asset files? And which release are you using?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 6 of 9
nstalker
in reply to: yizhou.cao

I tried opening and doing a zoom all and there was nothing. I am using 2015.

Message 7 of 9
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

I have had the same experience too sometimes. I managed to identify the problem 

was project file dependent. As soon as I changed the active project back to default

there was no problem while publishing the asset anymore.

Kind regards

Daniel

P.S.: Perhaps the templates have not been copied alongside the other data for this

new project file. Did you do a pack´n go and did you skip some resource`s then?

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 8 of 9
nstalker
in reply to: Logos_Atum

I tried changing the project to default and that did not do it.  I ended up really removing a lot of components with the include components button on the simplify toolbar.  I removed more than I thought I should have to.  I removed the product as we had multiple overlays/variants of the product in the file.  That was understandable.  However, I also had to remove two controller boxes from the machine which actually affected the footprint.  The controllers had all sorts of internal components that were not needed but they were all surfaces so it was easier to remove the entire controller than to go inside and remove the components.

So I'm not sure if it will work yet but it did publish and it is letting me drag and drop into my inventor factory layout.  It's thinking at the moment and I'm not sure if it will dissapear once I insert it though as I have ran into that many times before.

Message 9 of 9
nstalker

FROM Yizhou

Hi,

I saw the failure publishing this part. It’s because the assembly it’s derived from is unresolved. I’ll report this issue to the development team. You can get around it by either making sure the assembly can be found, or breaking/suppressing the link to the assembly. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Yizhou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report