Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Factory asset variants using iLogic

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
petestrycharske
1101 Views, 6 Replies

Changing Factory asset variants using iLogic

All,

Is there a way to change factory asset variants using iLogic?  Kind of broad, but I am looking for a way to point and click to select objects and then set the iLogic, or to make use of the iLogic form, to save time in having to navigate through the assembly browser.  Any thoughts?  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello Pete,

I don't understand why you want to use iLogic to change the asset variant. In FDS, there is Factory Properties panel which is similar as iLogic form. You can change the asset variants there easily.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 7

Xuesong,

I suppose you are right, I hadn't thought of it that way.  I will see if I can make that work the way that I want it to, but I am thinking that will be just fine. 

If I ever wanted to get access to the Asset Variants, though, using iLogic, how do I access them?  They aren't independent parameters, so I am not sure where to dig them up...

Thanks again for the tip and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 7

Hi Pete,

There is no specific FDS API to access to the asset variants, but you can do that by Inventor API.

Frankly, I am not quite sure why you do that. One way as mentioned before, you can change the asset variants in Factory properties panel. Another way, you can change the parameter values in Excel and then asset variants which are linked to the parameters in Excel will be updated accordingly. Please refer to the workflow video (http://a360.co/11pVBJA) that I recommended for another user.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 7
martin_madaj
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hello everybody,

I agree with petestrycharske... a few days ago I tried to access parameters of inserted factory assets using iLogic and it could not be done. I wanted to create a simple iLogic form that would show how many wall panels remains to be inserted into the wall frame. Values should be taken from parameters of inserted assets. I'm going to create an idea into FDS Idea Station.
Message 6 of 7
U1360836
in reply to: petestrycharske

I see this thread is old, however this is the only thread I could find requesting iLogic controlled Factory Properties.

In my case it would be very useful to be able to access these Factory Properties via ilogic and not just manually through the Factory Properties panel. 

If anyone has any ideas I would be very appreciative! 

I've noticed if I change the parameters of a factory asset in a factory assembly that it will update visually but the factory properties are not reflected in the change - which concerns me. So having direct access to the factory properties seems like the most appropriate way for my uses.

Cheers, 

-James 

Message 7 of 7

Dear Readers,

We too would like to read out the Factory Properties of an asset using iLogic.
We have several reasons for this which I think are also relevant for other FD users.

To easily compare the Properties of two or more assets with each other (via a dialog screen) during the engineering process in Inventor.
In fact, we work with multi-body assets containing different properties. On the outside of the asset you cannot always see the value of the built-in properties.

It would therefore also be very useful if the value of the properties could be adjusted at that time.

Does anyone know if it is now possible (and how) to read and modify the Factory Properties via iLogic?

Many thanks,

Hans

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report