Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Asset Layer via iLogic

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
565 Views, 1 Reply

Change Asset Layer via iLogic

All,

I would like to change my factory assets to different layers automatically.  As it stands now, the only way that I can see a way to do that is to use iLogic.  How would I access the layer names in my default template.  I should be able to figure out how to assign the layers to the individual assets from there, but am not sure which Inventor variable I should be calling.  Not a programmer, but I am looking for something like "Thisdoc.layers."  (Go ahead and laugh) and then I can specifically pass that layer onto each component that is to be switched.  If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

All,

Have found a workaround for this scenario.  If assembly assets are created, then each part can be assigned a material, which can then be pushed into an Inventor DWG or IDW using some iLogic code I found on a different forum.  This allows individual members of an assembly asset to to be have different layers for better identification within AutoCAD.  

While this isn't ideal, it works for the time being.  It would be best if somehow layers could be controlled at a more finite level, so one doesn't have to go through the DWG process and could sync directly to AutoCAD.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I have attached a copy to the blog post that references the forum.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Link to Blog: http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=0c7bc22e-e554-4dd8-a8d2-803416542a5b

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report